Saturday, May 24, 2014

Roanoke, Trail Days, and 800 miles!

Just a quick update - we made it through another section of VA past Roanoke!

There was some swimming and general water fun, despite the name, at Dismal Falls -

Cliff jumping!


Jeremy's turn -

And we were lucky enough to get picked up by my darling Marguerite and taken to Damascus Trail Days to experience true hiker shenanigans and lots of cool gear!

I set my new hammock up!  Finally received it from sMr Gear!  Really cool design, unfortunately I won't be using it this trip as I can't justify the weight difference from my BA UL-1 at 1 lb. 11 oz.  I will try to do a Recife of the shelter - a very unique and engineer approach to fixing a lot of the shortcomings with a hammock and tarp system.  

Here are a few pictures of the Nubé set up at Trail Days!

Now we hike on into the Shenandoahs!  We will be joined by some of my friends next weekend - Joe and Anne Marie I'm excited to see you guys and share some of our trail experiences with you!!

Over 800 miles down!  I can't wait for the day when the 'miles remaining' is the smaller number!  "Only" a few hundred to go.

-Category V

No comments:

Post a Comment